emioptions.co.uk is owned and operated by Farha & Associates Ltd. (we or our). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of service and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.farha-assoc.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Farha & Associates Ltd. of Congress House, Lyon Road, Harrow, HA1 2EN. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is James Farha.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• The information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.farha-assoc.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, contact customer support through chat and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, company information, currency, country, HSE card number and expiration date, date of birth, employer, bank name, bank account number, SWIFT and IBAN.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
− technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and currencies;
− information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, detailed information about usage of the system like web sessions, OS, mobile device, marketing metrics and events and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive from you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers (such as Google Analytics), search information providers, credit reference agencies). If necessary we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We use Google Analytics (a web analysis service that utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our site, prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services) and Stripe (a payment processing service processing payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means) which will have their own privacy policies.
Uses made of the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• The information you give to us. We will use this information:
− to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
− to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
− to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
− to notify you about changes to our service;
− to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
− to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
− to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
− to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
− as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
− to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
− to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Note that Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network and that Stripe may enable the sending of timed messages to you, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning a payment.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time.
• Selected third parties including:
− business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
− advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, workers in southwest London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
− analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
− payment and credit reference agencies for the purpose of the payment process and assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third-party service providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.